Date(s) - 28/10/2021 - 30/10/2021
3:30 pm - 9:00 pm
A total of 14 hours of workshop, in 3 online session
150 eur, if you pay inbetween 9 October and 26 October 2021
Many couples presenting for couples therapy may complain of sex issues: discrepancies in desire, lack of attraction or sexual compatibility, arousal or orgasm problems, or challenges in the bedroom after having children, going through infidelity or in the wake of trauma. From the perspective of Emotionally Focused Therapy, such complaints are most often part of an underlying lack of security and bond in the relationship caused by the negative cycle between partners. At times, as the partners de-escalate and become more secure, sexual issues remain unresolved. Yet, many EFT therapists lack knowledge and skills in the area of sex assessment and intervention.
In this workshop introduction to up to date research on sexuality relevant to EFT work with couples will be presented. You will learn how to do a thorough assessment of the negative relational and sexual cycle so you can skillfully use EFT interventions to help couple move toward de-escalation.
This workshop will also address how to integrate psycho-education and simple behavioral sex therapy interventions as couple begins to move into Stage 2, while at the same time to continue building secure bond through increased vulnerability. This workshop will include lecture, video examples, and experiential exercises.
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Name different models of sexual response.
2. Apply techniques of sexual assessment in EFT treatment
3. Identify each partner’s model of sexuality based on their background
4. Identify negative cycle around sexual issues in Stage 1 of EFT
5. Discuss how to reframe sexual concerns from attachment perspective
6. Utilize Stage 2 EFT interventions around sexual issues to create more secure bond in couples that leads to greater sexual fulfillment.
7. Differentiate strategies of integrating sex therapy into EFT for couples
8. Explain sexual concerns that require a referral to a specialist